Is your channel ready to earn money?
What does it mean to be in YPP? As part of the YouTube Partner program, you’re eligible to tap into multiple revenue streams, as long as you meet the criteria and they’re available in your country. You also have access to creator support and the copyright match tool. Learn more about the program, how it works and how you can apply to the program.
- Estimated time to complete: 15 mins
- Level: “I’ve never monetized on YouTube before.”
- How to qualify
- 1,000 subscribers
- 4,000 valid public watch hours over the last 12 months
- Availability in your country
- Follow all the YouTube monetization policies
- Have a linked AdSense account
- Date published: May 7, 2020
Need more help with YPP? Check out the Help Center
YPP application FAQs
1. How long does it take before I hear back/get accepted?
Your application will be reviewed by a human reviewer once you...
- Meet our subscriber and watch time requirements
- Accept the YouTube Partner Program terms
- Connect an AdSense account
Our reviewers will look at your channel as a whole to check if it meets our YouTube monetization policies.
We’ll get back to you with a decision once your channel is reviewed, which is typically 1 month or less (although sometimes it may take longer) after you meet the threshold. Find more information on YPP in the Help Center.
2. How do I check my YPP status?
You can check your progress in the monetization tab in Studio and sign up for email updates to alert you when you’ve met this criteria by selecting “Notify me when I’m eligible.”
3. I got rejected - why?
Our reviewers found that a significant portion of your channel doesn’t meet our policies and guidelines.
Some of the most common reasons for not being accepted are regarding the AdSense Program policies, specifically related to reused or repetitious content -- content that is very similar or exactly the same across videos and channels.
4. What can I do if I’m rejected?
- You can re-apply 30 days after your rejection.
- Check out our monetization FAQs for tips on how to strengthen your application.
Am I ready to apply to YPP?
Before applying to YPP, ask yourself the following questions to see if you are ready to apply:
What is YPP?
Learn more about our YouTube Partner Program and application requirements.