Learn more about Official Artist Channels
Official Artist Channels bring your musical content and subscribers together on YouTube in one channel for the best fan experience. It also unlocks a suite of artist tools to help you manage and grow your fan base.
Upgrade to an Official Artist Channel
Official Artist Channels are a channel layout that allows you to customize what fans see first.Engage with fans in one place
Subscribers from related channels (Topic channel, Partner-provided channel, etc.) will be automatically merged onto your Official Artist Channel--giving you one streamlined place to interact with them, rather than managing multiple channels and comment streams.
Currently, Official Artist Channels are available to channels that meet the following criteria:
- Channels owned and operated by Artists, managers, or your label. An ‘owned and operated’ channel is considered a channel managed by you or your team.
- You have at least 3 official music videos on YouTube delivered from a music distribution partner.
Note: Official Artist Channels are different from ‘house’ channels, ‘Vevo’ channels, or a channel you’ve titled ‘Official’. Check out Kehlani’s channel to see an example of this new format.
Benefits of Official Artist Channels:
- All your music can be found in one place.
- You can customize the top playlist and trailer.
- Auto-generated playlists appear with your ‘official music’ and full album discography.
- Fans will have a single place to subscribe.
Make the most of your Official Artist Channel
Upgrading to an Official Artist Channel gives you better control over what your fans see first on your channel and it’s easy to maintain. Try these techniques:
- Organize your content. Auto-generated playlist shelves collect all of your official music content (music videos, Art Tracks, etc). The shelves are dynamically organized based on popularity and recency.
- Improve music discovery. When fans search for you on YouTube, they’ll be linked directly to your Official Artist Channel from search results and from your watch card on the right side of the screen.
- Fine-tune your promotions. You can promote your newest release or favorite videos via a dedicated promotional shelf and featured video slot.
Find more tips on managing your Official Artist Channel here.
See it in action
Official Artist Channel layoutA video of your choice lives at the top of your Official Artist Channel. Below that is a custom promotional shelf.
Shelves display your Music videos and AlbumsTwo playlists auto-generate below the promotional shelf on Kehlani’s channel to display her music videos and albums.
YouTube Analytics for Official Artist Channels in YouTube Studio
If you have an Official Artist Channel (OAC), you can use Analytics to understand your total reach, growth, and success as an artist. You’ll get data for all videos featuring your music including videos uploaded to your channel, videos uploaded by your label, and fan-uploaded videos.You can also use Analytics to:
- Understand where and how fans are discovering your music
- Get a complete view of your performance across channels
- See aggregated view, interaction, discovery, and geographic data across all your videos
Information in Analytics includes views from all videos that feature your music including videos uploaded to your channel, videos uploaded by your label, and fan-uploaded videos across premium music videos (PMV), and Art Tracks.
Understand your performance as an artist on YouTube
Analytics for Official Artist Channels is specifically catered to you as an Artist. You’ll have access to metrics such as Top Songs, Top Countries, and Top US cities – giving you a better understanding of your growth as an artist.
For Example: The “latest activity” card gives you estimated views for your channel and top songs from the last 48 hours, so you can improve your promotion strategy.
Who has access?
All owners and managers of existing Official Artist Channels
Learn more about YouTube Analytics.
Measure your performance as an artist on YouTube
The top card in the Analytics Overview tab shows your overall performance with watch time, views, and subscriber metrics.
- Watch time: The total amount of time that viewers spend watching your videos.
- Views: "Views" counts the number of times one of your songs were played on YouTube or YouTube Music, including fan videos. For example, the song "Chun-Li" has a view count that includes the official music video, the audio track, and fan videos like this lyric video.
- Unique Viewers: This number shows you how many of your viewers are unique visitors. Whether they watch on desktop or mobile, or watch more than once, that person counts as one unique viewer.
Find more on Analytics data here.
Just like your music and videos, your Profile is an extension of your creative expression. We want both potential and existing fans to be able to see who you are when they’re engaging with your work across YouTube’s ecosystem.
- Upload Profile images.
Your images may be used on YouTube search, YouTube Charts, the YouTube Music app, playlists, and banners.
- Upload Profile Kit bio
Your bio may be used on YouTube search, your channel, and the YouTube Music App.
Note: Find guidelines for your Profile here. You can make updates to your Profile any time.
- Upload Profile images.
Concert tickets on YouTube
If you’re a music artist on YouTube, you may be eligible to feature your upcoming US concert listings on your video watch pages.
Once enabled, viewers who are watching official music content from your YouTube channel will see a shelf containing your tour dates just below the video.
Your tour dates will be visible to fans watching content on both mobile and desktop. The shelf will pin the event that is geographically closest to the viewer, as well as show them more available event dates.
If you have a YouTube artist channel and meet the following requirements, you are eligible for this feature:
- You are based in the U.S.
- You have upcoming U.S. concerts that are ticketed by Ticketmaster or Eventbrite
- You have a Ticketmaster, Eventbrite, and AXS music attraction ID
Find more about concert tickets here.