Learn more about Official Artist Channels
Official Artist Channels can bring together all of your content on YouTube onto one channel for the best experience for your fans.
Upgrade to an Official Artist Channel
Official Artist Channels are a new music-forward channel layout that showcases your entire body of work on a single channel—helping your fans find and listen to your full discography all in one place. Also, this new design lets you customize what your fans see first.
To be eligible, your channel should be verified and meet the criteria listed below. Note: Official Artist Channels are different from ‘house’ channels, ‘Vevo’ channels, or a channel you’ve titled ‘Official’. Check out Kehlani Parrish’s channel to see an example of the new format.
Currently, Official Artist Channels are available to some channels that meet the following criteria:
- Channels owned and operated by Artists, managers, or your label. An ‘owned and operated’ channel is considered a channel managed by you or your team. For example, if you have access to your channel’s YouTube Analytics and the ability to comment directly to fans, then your channel meets this ‘owned and operated’ criteria.
- Artists who have released 1 album and uploaded at least 3 videos on YouTube.
This program will be rolled out to more Artist owned and operated channels throughout 2017. Check the YouTube for Artists site or with your partner manager for more updates as we expand the program.
Benefits of Official Artist Channels:
- If your music is found on various channels across YouTube, upgrading to an Official Artist Channel will bring all of your music together on one channel.
- You can customize the top promotional playlist and trailer.
- Playlists are auto-generated with your ‘Official Music’ and full album discography.
- Self-serve Creator Studio feedback for reporting problems with your music videos or albums.
- Understand where and how fans are discovering your music with YouTube Analytics for Artists. See your channel views, top countries, and top songs, with more to come. Download the Creator Studio app to get started.
What’s the difference between an Official Artist Channel and my current channel?
Upgrading to an Official Artist Channel format is beneficial because you have better control over what your fans see first on your channel. Also, this format doesn't require a lot of extra setup or maintenance. Two auto-generated music shelves containing your ‘Official music’ and ‘Artist Discography’ populate based on videos uploaded from all official sources (label-specific channels, Vevo, etc.) so your fans can find all of your music in one place.
- You can showcase whatever videos you like in the top promotional shelf and trailer video. After that, YouTube will auto-generate the next two shelves with playlists containing your ‘Official music’ and ‘Artist Discography’. Below that, you can curate the channel however you like.
- Your Official Artist Channel biography and photo gallery can be updated in the Artist Center.
- For some Artists, your Official Artist Channel will surface in the top right watch card of the page in search results.
- For additional artist related questions, email email@example.com. Note: Support is only available in English at this time.
See it in action
Official Artist Channel layoutA video of your choosing lives at the top of your Official Artist Channel and below that is a custom promotional shelf.
Auto-generated shelves display your Official music and discographyTwo playlists auto-generate below the promotional shelf on Kehlani Parrish’s channel to display her official music and albums.