Channel memberships allow viewers to join your channel through monthly recurring payments and get perks like badges, emojis, and other content you offer. You are going to want to think carefully about what you want and can provide. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Videos: personalized videos, early access to videos, behind the scenes, rough cuts & bloopers, and exclusive live streams.
- Engagement: members-only posts in Community tab, members-only chat on live streams, extra engagement in private chat room/group.
- Other digital content: scripts (including rough drafts), wallpaper, GIFs
- Status: custom badge, custom emojis, credit/call-out, polls for content request, ability to submit content for a video or designs for merch.
- Physical goods: stickers, apparel, discount codes for merch.
You can use the Community tab to deliver your perks by using the drop-down menu to make a post visible only to your members.To learn more about membership perks, we suggest you take a look at this video.
Badges are an exclusive member perk and they will appear next to members’ usernames in comments and live chat on your channel. You can upload up to six different badges, which will reflect how long they’ve been a member: new, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years.
Focus your badge design on making members feel proud to be a part of this group and connected to your channel.
Barbara’s badge designs
Emojis are fun graphics that your members can use in live chat or on your channel. The more members you have, the more emojis you can create.
When designing emojis, think about what you commonly say or do in your videos. What reactions do you expect people to have? Representations of these reactions could make great emojis!
There are many contract design websites and apps with experts in emoji design, such as fiverr, upwork, or freelancer. Having your emojis designed by the same artist will help ensure visual consistency.