Promote quality comments
Comments are a great place to get direct feedback from your viewers, answer their questions, and overall create a community and conversation around your videos. Here are some specific things you can do to achieve that:
Heart your favorite comments
- When you you “heart” a comment, viewers will see your channel icon with a small red heart, and may receive a notification that you loved what they wrote.
- This is a quick and effective way to build fan loyalty, and to show your appreciation to viewers.
Pin comments to the top of your feed
- Clarify something from your video.
- Ask your audience a specific question.
- Tease a specific moment or easter egg.
- Pin a fan comment that stood out to you to highlight them.
- Thank your viewers for watching.
Pinning lets you highlight what comment your fans see first when watching your video. You can either pin your own comment, or a fan comment. Pinning your own comment is a great way to
Reply to comments
- This may seem obvious, but replying to comments shows your audience that you’re listening and interested in their feedback.
- Use replies to answer fan questions or thank them individually.
Find comments using new filters (Currently only available in Studio desktop)
- Subscriber status
- Channel member status
- The number of subscribers the commenter has
- Comments that contain questions so you can respond more easily
- Your response status -- to only see comments you have or haven’t responded to
This is a new tool to help you manage your comments by allowing you to search for specific keywords and filter by