Sale of Illegal or Regulated Goods and Services
Content selling certain illegal or regulated goods and services is not allowed on YouTube. You shouldn’t post content on YouTube if it facilitates the sale of (or links to sites that sell) items such as:
- Bank account passwords, stolen credit cards, or other financial information
- Counterfeit documents or currency
- Pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- For more check out our full guidelines here.
FAQ: Can pharmaceuticals appear on videos?
Prescription drugs and other pharmaceuticals can appear and may even be used in your video as long as they are being shown or used in a safe and appropriate way.
- For example, a video on the types of legal pharmaceuticals that help with hair loss is allowed as long as it doesn’t contain links or numbers to call to buy the drugs without prescriptions.
FAQ: What are the policies on Marijuana?
Marijuana is a regulated good and we apply the same policy to content featuring marijuana. That means, sale of marijuana seeds, edibles, etc. are not allowed.
- For example, a video featuring tips on how to smoke weed is allowed as long as it’s safe, appropriate, and doesn’t contain links or numbers to call to buy weed.
Note, the display of marijuana usage may result in age restriction in order to protect our younger viewers.