Welcome to YPP
If you’ve just been accepted into the YouTube Partner Program -- this video’s for you! This program is an opportunity to partner with YouTube. With this program you can monetize your eligible videos, and you can access new features and support tools.
Welcome to the YouTube Partner Program Video Script
If you’ve just been accepted into the YouTube Partner Program -- this video’s for you!
This program is an opportunity to partner with YouTube. With this program you can monetize your eligible videos, and you can access new features and support tools.
So, now that you’re in the program, let’s dive into some of these benefits you can take advantage of.First, you can now access YouTube’s monetization features.
- Advertising revenue:
The main way creators make money on YouTube is with ads. With ad revenue, you receive your share of the revenue generated from ads that show on or next to your videos. You’ll see the option to turn ads on or off when uploading new videos, or from the Monetization page of a specific video in YouTube studio. If you’re interested in earning with ads, make sure you’ve familiarized yourself with our Advertiser-friendly guidelines linked below.
While ads are the core revenue stream for most creators, we’ve also prioritized finding new ways to reward creators financially and help them ramp up their businesses. These tools also help creators who produce content that may be less suitable for ads, but are still highly valued by the community -- like mental health topics, news, or sex education.
- YouTube Premium Revenue:
- One of these revenue streams is YouTube Premium revenue. With this, you get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content.
In addition to YouTube Premium revenue, here are some options you can consider if you’re looking to earn money with your channel beyond ads.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers:
- If you live stream, Super Chat and Super Stickers let your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in the chat during your streams.
- Merchandise shelf
- With the Merchandise shelf, your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’s showcased on your video watch pages.
- Channel memberships:
- With channel memberships, viewers can choose to become members of your channel. Members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Branded content with FameBit
- YouTube Premium Revenue:
- The main way creators make money on YouTube is with ads. With ad revenue, you receive your share of the revenue generated from ads that show on or next to your videos. You’ll see the option to turn ads on or off when uploading new videos, or from the Monetization page of a specific video in YouTube studio. If you’re interested in earning with ads, make sure you’ve familiarized yourself with our Advertiser-friendly guidelines linked below.
While earning money with these features isn’t necessarily guaranteed, think about which options make the most sense for you.
Each feature has its own set of eligibility requirements on top of subscriber and view count requirements, so make sure you review the criteria for each one -- linked in the description below. And keep in mind that before you can make money from most of these features, you’ll need to link an AdSense account to your channel in order to get paid. You can find more information about setting up an AdSense account in the description below.
In addition to these features, being in the program also gives you access to our Creator Support teams. If you’re looking for help with a specific question about your account, our Creator Support team is here to help you.
YouTube Creator support can help you...
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs or issues with your account.
- Resolve content ID and rights management issues.
- Navigate policy and copyright guidelines.
- And more!
You can reach out to Creator Support with your questions by clicking the help icon in the top right of YouTube Studio, or by clicking “Get support” in the top right of the YouTube Help Center_ to start a chat or send an email. Learn more info on how to reach Creator Support and which languages are supported in the description below.
The YouTube Partner Program also gives you access to the Copyright Match Tool
With The Copyright Match Tool, you can automatically find full reuploads of your original videos on other YouTube channels. Once a match has been identified, you can review it from the Copyright page in YouTube Studio and choose which action you’d like to take.
So how does it work? When you upload your original video to YouTube, we’ll scan all the videos that are uploaded after yours to check if any of them match. It’s important that you're the first to upload the content to YouTube (with public, private, or unlisted visibility), since we use the video upload time to decide who should see matches.
The Matches tab in YouTube Studio lets you see any similar videos that we find uploaded to YouTube. Be sure to check back regularly to keep an eye on any new matches we’ve found.
When reviewing matches with the Copyright Match Tool, you have the following options.
- You can archive the video. This will move the match to your Archive tab without taking action on the video. You can still take action later if you choose.
- You can Message the channel. This lets you start a conversation with the uploading channel notifying them that the reupload has been identified. You can keep track of who you’ve notified in the Messages tab and continue the conversation over email.
- Or, you can request removal. This will submit a legal request for YouTube to remove the matched video from the site. You have two options when choosing this action:
- You can send a scheduled removal, which will send a 7-day notice to the channel to remove the video. After 7 days, if they haven’t removed the video, it will be taken down and they may get a copyright strike.
- Or you can send a Standard removal. With this option, you’re requesting for removal now and your removal request will be submitted directly to YouTube. After removal, the uploading channel may get a copyright strike.
You can find more about the Copyright Match tool linked in the description below. (link)
We hope you’re excited to start taking advantage of these YouTube Partner Program features! Be sure to familiarize yourself with YouTube’s Monetization Policies before you start exploring these options.
Be sure to check out all the links provided in the description below. Thanks for watching!
- Advertising revenue: