YPP application FAQs
1. How long does it take before I hear back/get accepted?
Your application will be reviewed by a human reviewer once you...
- Meet our subscriber and watch time requirements
- Accept the YouTube Partner Program terms
- Connect an AdSense account
Our reviewers will look at your channel as a whole to check if it meets our YouTube monetization policies.
We’ll get back to you with a decision once your channel is reviewed, which is typically 1 month or less (although sometimes it may take longer) after you meet the threshold. Find more information on YPP in the Help Center.
2. How do I check my YPP status?
You can check your progress in the monetization tab in Studio and sign up for email updates to alert you when you’ve met this criteria by selecting “Notify me when I’m eligible.”
3. I got rejected - why?
Our reviewers found that a significant portion of your channel doesn’t meet our policies and guidelines.
Some of the most common reasons for not being accepted are regarding the AdSense Program policies, specifically related to reused or repetitious content -- content that is very similar or exactly the same across videos and channels.
4. What can I do if I’m rejected?
- You can re-apply 30 days after your rejection.
- Check out our monetization FAQs for tips on how to strengthen your application.